Friday, October 18, 2013

Seattle Aquarium

My birthday happened to fall on a day that both kids were out of school. So I decided to take advantage and planned a fun day trip to the Seattle Aquarium. It's always exciting for the kids to hop on the ferry and head across the water.

Fun on the waterfront



The Great Wheel

So funny story. I lost my camera way back in September. I wanted to take pictures of the kids on the first day of school so I searched the whole house. Seriously -  I looked everywhere. No camera. So I decided that for my birthday I'd like a new camera. But not just to replace my old one. I wanted to upgrade to a DSLR. I want to learn how to take great pictures. So I did my research and picked out my camera. My dad came up the week before my birthday to celebrate with us and we all went for a ride in the big truck (which we rarely drive these days) and guess what I found in the side pocket on the door?? You got it - my old camera!!! How did it get there?? And so now I have two cameras. Ironic, maybe. But really, I'm super excited to be using my new DSLR and learning how to take it off auto and shoot some great pictures. All the pictures in this post were taken with my new camera.





Mandatory fishy-face


Wyatt loved this moment!



Not sure what this is but isn't it cool??


We ended our super fun day with a ride on the carousel. Which is one of the places I love taking pictures of my kids.



No comments: