Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall Wardrobe Part 3

So, not to brag but I seriously made the best dress ever. It's cute, it's comfortable, it has pockets and it's black & white stripe. Eeeeeek! It does not get better than that in my world! This is the Gardenia Dress by Cali Faye collections pattern and it is perfection. This is the third pattern of hers that I've made and loved. It so perfectly captures my style of easy to wear and stylish all in one. It helps that I got a really dreamy knit to sew it up with when I visited Bolt in Portland last month. Because I knew that I really wanted to like this dress I actually made a wearable muslin this time. I had some grey fabric that I scored at goodwill in my stash that I used. I will say that said fabric is polyester and doesn't feel great but I really wanted to know if I needed to make this dress true to the pattern or tweak it a bit. Turns out that it was a bit tight across the bust and into the arms, so I added just a little when I cut out the "real" dress. So glad I did, because this one is perfect.









xo
-V

1 comment:

Coco said...

This is so cute! I've been scouting Gardenia dresses online for striped versions - really like yours.