Wednesday, October 23, 2013

School Day's Jacket

I love Oliver & S patterns. They all look so clean and simple and the instructions are always clear and easy to follow. I have to admit that I was intimidated to make this jacket. I bought the fabric and pattern back in October of 2012. And it sat and sat. The pattern was size 6mo - 3T and so I knew that I needed to get on it if I ever wanted Sage to wear it.  I cut the fabric with a generous extra 1/2" all the way around since I was afraid it was going to be too small. But the pattern seems to be really generously sized and so I probably didn't need to add that extra fabric because now it's more like a 5T. (Seriously - it fits Wyatt.) But the upside to that is that she won't be growing out of it any time soon. The outside is wool and the lining is quilting cotton.


I love the pop of color on the inside and the wood toggle closure.




Sage is ready for Winter in the coat department. 
But I won't complain about more beautiful Fall days like today!

No comments: