Thursday, April 26, 2012

Maxi Dress for Me

I don't generally like sewing for myself because I haven't figured out how to make clothes fit like I want them to. But I've been pining over this adorable maxi dresses on pinterest and today I decided to go for it.
So I followed this easy tutorial with a few changes. The fabric that I decided to use for the skirt happened to be knit. Truthfully, I was nervous about sewing with knits. I've made attempted to make a few things in knit in the past and it wasn't pretty. But a while back I had bought a ball point needle and I'm telling you it made all the difference. Sewing this dress was a breeze. Honestly.
I LOVE the results.





Hubby only agreed to take pictures for me if I included some of his handiwork. So please note the birdhouse bench and the new fence in the background.

No comments: