Friday, October 28, 2011

The Abbey Jacket

I can't even remember where I found the link for this coat but when I did, I went straight to this Etsy shop and bought the pattern. And then I promptly went to the fabric store and bought some fabric. I had some of this sweet bird fabric leftover and I knew I wanted to use it as the accent fabric. The jacket itself did not take long to come together, it was all the details. The hand sewing. Ugh. The hand sewing. I love to sew and love to knit but hand sewing???? Who likes embroidery/ hand sewing?? I sounds like a nightmare!! Regardless, after a few nights of hand sewing, I finally finished the jacket.
It looks like my girl might like the jacket as much as her mommy!

1 comment:

Marie-Helene Rake said...

That is the cutest jacket ever! and your hand stitches look great! I love it , Bravo!