Monday, September 6, 2010

Dresser Refinished

I've been working on refinishing a dresser for Sages room for quite a while. It seems like every time I would start to work on it, Sage would wake up from her nap, Wyatt would need me or some other distraction would come up and prevent me from working on it. When my parents came to visit a few weeks ago, my mom helped me finish the paint job. So I was left to find some knobs and do something with the inside of the dresser. I was inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love and their dresser redesign for their nursery. Let's go back to July when I bought this dresser at the Bainbridge Rotary garage sale. I regret that I didn't take a picture of it before I started any of the work. But basically it looked like this: So I sanded, primed and painted the dresser. Then I picked out some knobs and paper to line the drawers. I had a "vision" of what I wanted it to look like in Sages completed room (pictures of that to come soon). But really my inspiration goes back to the quilt that I'm making for her. I love the color combination of red, pink and turquoise and decided to carry that color scheme out in her room. And so today I found some knobs and paper to line the drawer that fit right into my "vision." So here it is complete. Stay tuned for the dresser in the completed room!

No comments: