Thursday, April 30, 2015

Saiph Tunic for Me

I've been on a selfish sewing kick lately. This Saiph Tunic from Papercut Patterns has been on my wish list for a while. Part of me wishes I would have bought the pretty paper pattern but instead I went with the PDF, printed it out and taped it together. This pattern runs pretty big. I decided to make the medium but really should have made a small. I think it works fine since the fabric is really flowing and light but the armholes are a bit big. I still like the shape and way it turned out and will definitely have to make another one. I customized this a bit by not adding sleeves and doing some top stitching to finish it off. Loving the way it turned out - it should be perfect for summer!




The back has a key hole cut out (that is a bit too deep) and is closed with a button at the top.
 




It looks like big girls like a little twirl in their skirt too!


 


I do like the way this top turned out but I love learning how it fits and what I need to do next time to make it better! I'm thinking this pattern would be really good in a knit fabric. Next time...

-V








2 comments:

Maya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Archeage Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.