Thursday, January 15, 2015

Best (and Easiest) Christmas Gift

For those of you that know my Sage, you know how much she loves her blankies. That girl would drag a blankie around all day every day if I let her. I was inspired by some super cute fleece I got to make her a no-sew fleece blanket for Christmas. It was super simple and doesn't even require a sewing machine - just a pair of scissors. Here is a quick tutorial:
I laid two pieces of fleece, approximately 1 yard each, on top of each other and cut them to the same size. I then went around all four sides and cut slits on the edge 2 inches wide by 4 inches deep. I then cut a slit at the top of each piece about 1 1/2 inches long. I did this with a cutting mat under the fabric and a rotary cutter. I took the ends of each piece and threaded them through the slit and pulled it through. That's it!



Here is a prime example of my girl and her blankies.. Do you see the second blanket in this picture?


My girl loved it! If anyone asked her what she got for Christmas she'd tell you about the blankie her mama made her. Best feeling ever! So I say this blanket is a win-win.

xo
-V

No comments: