Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Yellow Door

I've had "paint the front door yellow" on my house to-do list for a really long time. When my hubby gave me the green light on Monday and I saw that the weather was going to cooperate - I went for it! Headed for Home Depot, picked up some paint and supplies, took the door off and got to work. The process was pretty simple - clean and lightly sand the door. Since the door was white I didn't need any primer. I painted 3 light coats and let it dry all day. By bedtime is was ready to hang back up. When projects are this easy I wonder why on earth I didn't do it sooner?
I love how it turned out. The porch and front of house isn't exactly where I want it to be but I have big plans. The deck is next to be updated. I'd like to update the lights and eventually the house will get painted. But my new yellow door is s step in the right direction. It's so cheery and makes me happy when I pull up to our home!

Another thing making me happy are these beautiful peonies. These are by far my favorite flower! They take a while to grow and bloom but it's worth it. Aren't they lovely?




1 comment:

Sprout Hill Farm said...

Oh Vanessa! I love it!! So beautiful!!