Friday, June 13, 2014

Pleats and Pockets Tunic

I finished this tunic out of this Japanese pattern book. It was a bit overwhelming at first because the instructions were so minimal and the pattern tracing is not easy. After a little bit of reading between the lines and using some basic sewing knowledge, it turned out to be just fine. I actually made this top as a "muslin" or sorts. I have some fabric that I've been wanting to make into a dress/ top but didn't want to cut into it before I knew for sure that I had a good pattern that I would actually wear.


 I know I will wear this top because a) I already have and b) I love this royal blue color. But there are a few things that I will change next time I make it. For one - the neck line is a bit high for my liking, I feel like I have to keep adjusting it so I don't feel like it is choking me. See what I mean:


For two - my pleats are just a touch uneven (it matters) and the bust darts are a bit too high. The next one will be a bit longer so it can be a stand alone dress, no leggings required and I might just leave the pockets off. What do you think? Pockets: yes or no??

Picture taken by my 4-year old assistant

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

Your sewing inspires me! I like the pockets