Monday, August 3, 2009

Wedding Present

I know that my blog posts are long overdue, but I'm finally home from the wedding festivities and a week long vacation at my parents house. There "should" be a bunch of posts coming soon. I wanted to start with my secret project I've been working on for the last 6 months or so. It was a quilt for the newly married Hope and Sebastien. I had asked them what colors they used to decorate and I pretty much got that they used red, orange, green, blue and whatever other color they liked. So, I started collecting batik fabrics and came up with an assortment of colors. My hubby told me (later, of course) that he was sceptical of what the quilt was going to look like after seeing all the fabric I had collected. Anyway - once the quilt was finished I was wishing I could keep if for myself - but I gave it away.

2 comments:

Black Cat Ranch said...

BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure they love it! I'm so impressed by those of you who make quilts - they're so lovely - I just don't have the patience...

Molly Dennin said...

WOW!!! I'm speechless!!