Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Plantain t-shirt

I'm on a selfish sewing spree! Yippee! I ran across this new and free pattern by Deer & Doe and was smitten. Who doesn't love a loose, flattering and cute t-shirt?? And those elbow patches, really??? I actually found some super cute knit fabric at JoAnn's. It is reversible - one side sparkly silver polka dots and the other sparkly silver stripes. It's a good thing I got to use both on this shirt because it was hard to decide which side to show. The fabric is super soft and a little bit thick which makes it nice and cozy for these chilly winter days.




As for the actual sewing part - the pattern was really straightforward and easy. I finished it after the kids went to bed one night and I'm super pleased with how it turned out. The fit is flattering, the elbow patches are fun and the neckline is perfect. I'm feeling more and more comfortable and confident sewing with knits, thanks to patterns like this.




Thanks to this little guy for making my photo shoot more fun!
-Vee

No comments: