Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bad me

Dear Readers: I've been a bad, bad blogger. I'm sorry that I've been so absent for so long. Perhaps it's because I really haven't done anything creative lately and I've been enjoying my summer. Or I've just been really lazy. Or maybe a combination of both. A lot has happened since I last blogged, I just never got around to blogging about it. My husband and I celebrated 3 wonderful years together, we've been on 2 camping trips, completed a 20 mile bike ride and I've canned peaches and blackberry jam. Surely that counts for something, right? Anywho... thought I'd take the time to catch you all up on my garden. Oh and if you live near-by and you want some squash, cucumbers or kale - let me know. I've got plenty. Let's start with the tomatoes. They look out of control, oh wait, they are out of control. Next year I won't plant so many so close. But they taste really yummy. The only beef I have with tomatoes is that they don't all ripen together so I can't ever can them. But on the plus side I have a little bit of tomatoes for a longer period of time and did I mention they are yummy?! For the first time in 3 years, our Asian pear tree has produced pears. I'm so excited and they are so delicious. Wyatt quickly figured out how to pluck his own pear from the tree, so most of the time we are outside he has a pear in hand. My dahlia garden has done ok. I got some "surprise" bulbs at one of the plant sales I visited and was happy to see my surprise was not more pink dahlias. I got plenty of those. The rest of my garden is doing well. I've got tons of squash and like I said before - I'm willing to share. I'm still waiting on my butternut squash to ripen as I have plans to freeze it for the winter. And last but not least, my cabbage. I'm hoping to get back into a creative mode soon. Does anyone remember that owl I posted way back?? We'll I've started a quilt with it. I told you I was going to do something. Goodbye for now. I'll be back soon. Promise.

1 comment:

Black Cat Ranch said...

Your dahlias are beautiful! Oh, and your tomatoes!

I can't wait to see the owl quilt. I was at Pacific Fabrics today & saw some fabric with cute owls on it, it made me think of you.

I'll take some of those cucumbers off your hands. I'd like to try my hand at pickles...